Saturday, December 17, 2011

Eggnog Pancakes

Can you believe it's almost Christmas!?  Holy cow!  I'm not stressing about needing to shop or anything, I just can't believe how fast the time goes.  Man!
Anyway....I had a hankering to try making some pancakes with eggnog, so that's what I did.  



Crummy pictures, but delicious breakfast.   


I ate mine just with melted butter flavored with cinnamon and sugar...yummm :)


Here's the recipe from AllRecipes.

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups eggnog*
  • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

Directions

  1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg if desired. In another bowl, beat eggs, eggnog and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.

So do you have your Christmas menu nailed down?  I'd love to hear what you're having!  Let me know.  Otherwise I'll just peek in your window while you and your family is eating.  This way is easier!

1 comment:

  1. Eggnog pancakes sounds like my way to enjoy eggnog! I'm especially loving how it looks with the butter and cinnamon sugar!

    ReplyDelete