Monday, January 14, 2013

Irish Lemon Pudding

So, are you tired of winter?  Are you ready for Jack Frost to take a long walk off a short pier?  Then make yourself a big ol' batch of this lemon pudding and pretend that the sun is smiling down on you.
Personally I'm not sick of winter at all. But I'm in Phoenix and I'm tickled it will be 29 tonight!



I saw this treasure while perusing Pinterest, and added it to my to do list.  Since my friend gave me 2 lemons on Sunday, I knew it was meant to be.  It has a very simple ingredient list, and I have no idea why it's "Irish".  There is no whisky or leprechauns in it.  



Here is the recipe found at The Baker Upstairs.  She doubles her recipe and puts it in a springform pan so it will be pretty.  I'm way too lazy for that, so I just put it in a casserole dish.


2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, separated
1/2 cup flour
2 lemons, zested and juiced
1 1/4 cups milk

Preheat oven to 350. Cream the butter and sugar well. Add the egg yolks one by one, then add the flour. Add the lemon zest and juice, followed by the milk, and mix well. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Fold gently into the lemon mixture until incorporated. Pour into a 8-9 inch pie pan or cake pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until very lightly browned and set. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm with freshly whipped cream.


BTW...I made myself a Facebook page.  I have no idea what I'm doing there. Come join me if you like :)

5 comments:

  1. That looks good! I'm not tired of winter, I'm tired of rain. Would gladly accept a few snow days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bag of lemons I need to use up. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salted butter or unsalted?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The principle effectiveness of a residential look that can assist you always keep, ready yourself as well as cause portions diet regime as well as in order to perform like undertakings as with dishwashing.whirlpool duet washer error codes f20

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really cool post. I love this kitchen. It is completely the style that would fit me.whirlpool duet washer error codes f20

    ReplyDelete